Just a short post this time, and some gorgeous photos courtesy of Ruth Morris, of Albatross Archive. I was asked if I would like to come along to the SWIGEN festival on Saturday 22nd October in Cardiff. So I made cupcakes… Although the stall didn’t do as well as I’d hoped, the day was really fun, and I got to see a lot of great Cardiffian bands, which are definitely worth checking out:
- Albatross Archive, a 4-piece – now a 3-piece – Cardiffian based band, which I’m biased to automatically like, as they’re a made up of some of my fabulously talented friends (but seriously, check them out, Mr Mistake is my favourite song, and their new E.P. ‘Things’ is now out to buy for £4): http://soundcloud.com/albatrossarc, http://albatrossarchive.wordpress.com/
- Ellie Makes Music, A 18-yr-old songstress with an amazing voice: http://soundcloud.com/elliemakesmusic/, http://elliemakesmusic.tumblr.com/
- Elephant & Soldier, made up of Sam Goudie, in his first gig for over a year. He is currently recording a new E.P.: http://www.elephantandsoldier.co.uk/
So here are the beautiful photos (thankyou again Ruth for allowing me to use them on my blog!)
And a rare photo of me (albeit in the background!)
The cupcakes I made were as follows:
- Vanilla: vanilla sponge and vanilla buttercream icing, topped with pink and white sugar sprinkles.
- Vanilla chocolate: vanilla sponge and chocolate buttercream icing, topped with half an Oreo cookie.
- Chocolate: chocolate with chocolate buttercream icing, topped with half an Oreo cookie.
- Chocolate Orange: chocolate with chocolate orange buttercream icing, topped with some orange matchmakers.
- Lemon: lemon sponge with lemon buttercream icing, topped citrus sprinkles and a sugar lemon decoration.